Suicide/CTE need

This forum is to discuss general things concerning TSOI.
MajikMann

Suicide/CTE need

Post by MajikMann »

There is such a dire need for a solution for this IMO unintended consequence of increased suicide. I hope there may be an EUA bring considered for this as well in the near future.

Nearly twice as many military members died from suicide July-Sept than from coronavirus since pandemic's start

Nearly twice as many military members died from suicide July-Sept than from coronavirus since pandemic's start

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nearly ... emic-start

Dave
TimGDixon

Re: Suicide/CTE need

Post by TimGDixon »

Its very alarming the rate of suicide we are seeing. Its a travesty - period. As you may know our subsidiary Campbell is focused on suicide prevention and we are gearing up for next phase of Campbell Score with 300 patients. Over here at TSOI we are close to having our responses submitted to FDA for phase 1/2 in CTE. All I can say is TSOI and CNSI are working as hard and as fast as we can.
ttessier

Post by ttessier »

Suicide prevention is greatly needed in these times.
Thanks to TSOI and CNSI for all that you do!
curncman

Post by curncman »

It is going to be Outstanding year 2022-2023 for TSOI & its SHAREHOLDERS as we have following pipeline lined up (please correct me ):

1. Phase 3 trial with JADICELLS
2 Phase 2a/2b trial with Neuroleukin and QUADRAMUNE (suicidal ideation trial)
3. Phase 2 trial to CTE WITH JADICELLS
4. Phase 1 breast cancer trial with stemvacs-V(IND already submitted)
5. Many potential trials with nanostilbene and QuadraMune
6. Expand on sales/marketing channels for QM NS in addition to Amazon
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

2022 is going to be very busy indeed. Afterall we have a big party to get to in 23 don't we.... we better get busy...
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

SgtSki1010

Post by SgtSki1010 »

I have heard the same statement made from friends and family of veterans. "My Spouse or my friend came back and they were different." That is an odd thing to say. That statement more deafening than you may consider. That statement immediately lets a veteran hear that there is something wrong with them. At least, according to the person making that statement.
Think about that statement for a few moments. That statement is a true statement. That statement is validation that you took an individual that was filled with an innocence, trained them how to do 2 different jobs at a minimum. So, this person was trained to do a horrific job. They are expected to do that job well, come home take of that uniform and instantly be that civilian person.
Being in the military changes every last person that joins it. You take a job “military” and you are trained to do many tasks. The main objective in war is to kill. Yes, they do other things. But, being in a heightened state of danger like that alone is going to really change someone.
We send someone to war and they see fellows troops die, IED’s kill Tanks and troops, children are seen being executed and fields of body parts are just some of the images our great military person has to learn how to compartmentalize. They have to flip a switch when they are coming home that lets them be a non waring military person or a person that is headed to become a civilian again.
The next issue is The Broken Promise. Thinking that the VA is going to make sure you get your benefits. I will just quickly say the VA is better dealt with when you understand that they are a house of 3. I will talk about that in more length in a different topic.
Let us just say, “no veteran should have a claim for benefits request form filled out by the VA. There should be a law that prevents this. Maybe 50 years ago they might have been proficient in this area. They are nowhere close these days.
Each era of veteran creates its own unique set of circumstance. The common denominator for most when they get out of service is the VA. The VA treats every veteran individually and groups them by date or campaign / s. A veteran that served in WW2 has different rules for how their claims will be handled. So consider the Vietnam War, Korean War, and on and on.
There are so many veterans not getting their compensation which directly affects what health care they can even get from the VA. This the exact reason I formed a Veteran Think Tank. I am only scratching the surface regarding issue for vets. This is unacceptable.
It is time and now I will soon ask for help to start the first clinic.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Everything you said is true - our vet's deserve better. My late Father was a vet of WWII and Korea and until I was 18 yrs old I got all of my medical care at the naval hospital - i didn't know what a civilian doc was like until I was an adult. I think we as a family got pretty good care because Dad's benefits were different than they are for today's dependents.
SgtSki1010

Post by SgtSki1010 »

They are constantly changing benefits, some worse and a few are better. FYI, don't know if you know this or not but your mom can file va benefits 21-2680 when she needs it. Ni to have info when you consider elder care.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Both of my parents are gone but my Mom lived to be 93.
SgtSki1010 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:23 am They are constantly changing benefits, some worse and a few are better. FYI, don't know if you know this or not but your mom can file va benefits 21-2680 when she needs it. Ni to have info when you consider elder care.