Maybe it's my imagination...Hair color... Less gray hair

This forum is to discuss general things concerning TSOI.
Paul

Maybe it's my imagination...Hair color... Less gray hair

Post by Paul »

I have taken quadramune for a few months. I take a capsule or two a day.

I am 43 years old and have dark hair. I have been getting gray for a while. It seems that my gray hair is going away. Even my circle beard looks a little less gray. I will keep an eye on it, but it is an observation I have made.

Quadramune has helped with my allergies. It is as effective as Claritin and the generic form of Claritin.
Last edited by Paul on Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimGDixon

Re: Maybe it's my imagination...

Post by TimGDixon »

No its the pterostilbene that does that. We've known about this for some time but I just don't have the bandwidth to pursue hair hahahaha but I'm really happy you like the results. Pterostilbene is a super molecule and never ceases to amaze. Glad to hear about the allergy relief too.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Heres one paper.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10 ... 1701200123

Recently, it has been reported that the aging of hair follicle stem cells is triggered by DNA damage induced type XVII collagen (COL17A1) proteolysis [1]. Once aged hair follicle stem cells are activated during the hair cycle, they leave the niche and terminally differentiate into epidermal keratinocytes and are then eliminated from the skin surface.

Glycosylation occurs readily in plant cells, i.e., many kinds of secondary metabolites such as saponins and anthocyanins are produced in the form of glycosides in higher plants. Many of these secondary metabolites exert specific physiological activities and have been widely used in folk medicines [2]. Therefore, the glycosides of natural compounds are of pharmaceutical importance. Although studies on the production of glycosides of stilbenes have been reported [3-5], there are few reports on their physiological activities.

Herein, we report, for the first time, the rapid induction of type XVII collagen (COL17A1) expression in hair follicle stem cells by a pterostilbene glucoside.

The level of type XVII collagen (COL17A1) was examined in the cells of the EpiDermFT EFT-400 human skin model treated with pterostilbene (1) and pterostilbene 4'-O--D-glucoside (2) (Figure 1), which had been prepared by glycosylation of pterostilbene with cultured cells of P. americana. One week after treatment of the cells of the EpiDermFT EFT-400 human skin model with pterostilbene (1), the COL17A1 level was increased in the cells (Figure 2). The level was enhanced dose dependently; the COL17A1 level of the 50 M pterostilbene-treated cells (1.35) was higher than that of the 25 M pterostilbene-treated cells (1.13). The level of the 50 M pterostilbene-treated cells was elevated in the cells by ca. 1.35-fold, compared with that of control cells, but the 100 M pterostilbene- treatment significantly reduced the COL17A1 level (0.69), probably due to the cytotoxicity of the pterostilbene.
ehrlicheyid

Post by ehrlicheyid »

Interesting. I noticed the same thing, didn't even think it's the QM. I thought because of my healthier diet lately. Am 40.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Don't completely discount your "healthier diet lately". It all applies.
ehrlicheyid wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:29 pm Interesting. I noticed the same thing, didn't even think it's the QM. I thought because of my healthier diet lately. Am 40.
Newbieinvestor0805

Re: Maybe it's my imagination...Hair color... Less gray hair

Post by Newbieinvestor0805 »

Hi Guys,

After reading all of this I am placing my order. I spend $165 a month at the hairdresser every 5 weeks.

Tim.... Can I take this with Covid (My entire family tested positive after Christmas with the exception of my sister who is still on interferon) Omicron is no joke!!!
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Yes you can and your whole family should as well. Do you have enough?
Newbieinvestor0805 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:25 pm Hi Guys,

After reading all of this I am placing my order. I spend $165 a month at the hairdresser every 5 weeks.

Tim.... Can I take this with Covid (My entire family tested positive after Christmas with the exception of my sister who is still on interferon) Omicron is no joke!!!
Newbieinvestor0805

Post by Newbieinvestor0805 »

I should have read the current news before I asked as I haven't been on for a few days. I don't have any. Going to order now
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

We will get it out to you today and be sure to use the coupon code james during checkout.
Newbieinvestor0805 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:30 pm I should have read the current news before I asked as I haven't been on for a few days. I don't have any. Going to order now
craigdunn63

Post by craigdunn63 »

Hey I’m Beth, Craig’s wife. Wanted to share a personal experience. Like so many, I had COVID back in the summer. Several of my friends had severe hair loss from covid that was quite shocking. My hair stylist also told me about many of his clients loosing up to a third of their hair due to covid.
I personally wasn’t aware of any major hair loss, due to the fact that I have thinner fine hair to begin with. It’s not uncommon for me to experience small bouts of hair loss from time to time, due to Keto diets and hormone imbalances. I usually notice fine baby hairs regrowing, but nothing that’s significant and visible. Those cycles are normal for me.
A couple of months ago I began taking quadrimune, and am now noticing a thick band of hair that looks like bangs around my hair line. My hair that felt very dry, now feels soft and pliable again. I’ve never experienced anything like that and believe it is connected to quadrimune.
Among my relationships of covid survivors they talk of so many lingering effects like loss of taste, smell, fatigue, blurred vision, etc. Im not experiencing those things. The only difference is I take quadrimune. Thankful for this product!
Attachments
CC90F5F3-9953-4C31-8DB5-C33AD7B04766.jpeg
CC90F5F3-9953-4C31-8DB5-C33AD7B04766.jpeg (35.65 KiB) Viewed 220 times