Education

This forum is to discuss general things concerning TSOI.
DailyStockProspector

Re: Education

Post by DailyStockProspector »

Earlier this month, I posted something similar to this on ST, and I was not going to post it on the forum, but since this thread was opened up, I think that it could go well with this thread.

Some folks think that education, titles, degrees, and pedigrees are what make a person great, when really it is NOT the person’s education that makes them great but it is the person who has the internal magic, drive, inspiration, entrepreneurial, innovative spirit that makes the difference! I love the link that Orion1 just posted: https://smartandrelentless.com/100-ultr ... e-degree/

Some also think that a person/company cannot be amazing without big fancy facilities. This link may help put things in perspective for those folks too: https://www.businessinsider.com/google- ... os-2019-12

How many of us can say we have over 50 patents on products that are designed to help improve or save people's lives? Not me. How many are innovating new products to add to that patent portfolio regularly? How about dealing with all of the requirements needed to keep the SEC happy for shareholders? And of course, let's not leave out getting a ready for Phase 3 testing, along with preparing for a EUA to save people suffering from Covid, etc. Not me.

There are people who just know who they are and what they are capable of regardless of what others may think or say. They are the world changers, the ones who inspire us to be and do more. They are not willing to settle for mediocrity. Tim/Tom and their team fall into that category and are of that caliber of people.

Tim you and your team keep on moving forward, you are purpose driven, because you know that you have a role to fill that only you have the right skills to do what you do. We applaud your courage and your dedication to excellence! The world awaits all that you are about to unveil. It is going to be so incredibly amazing! So many of us can hardly wait!

My prayers are with you, team TSOI.
I am so, incredibly proud of all of you! You guys rock and are heroes in my book!

Dream BIG!

Here is a video that I saw a while back that inspired me, and I thought it might inspire you too. Those who laughed are not laughing at her now. To those who believe in themselves and inspire us all with their courage…

https://youtu.be/RxPZh4AnWyk

…And I will throw in one more. When you got it, you know you’ve got it!

When you do what you love to do and you sing (exercise your natural talents) with passion, it just shows! I am not Russian and do not speak Russian. This next song has subtitles and there is a bit of a preamble to it but if you watch the whole video, you will be in for a wonderfully powerful and inspirational experience!

All I can say is that Tim and his team have got it. Sing on brother, you and your team inspire us all.

https://youtu.be/OekCfCBcdnc

Go team TSOI! :-)
DailyStockProspector

DailyStockProspector

Codycrusher

Post by Codycrusher »

I completely agree that education can be a hindrance from knowledge, a lot of times people are Born intelligent or not and also it depends on there drive and willpower, I must say I work at a mill and yes I do not like my job, I think this investment in this company will be my retirement, but at the end of the day, I started life with everyone telling me at 18 that I could not get ahead because I was labeled with ADHD and ADD and I people told me, hey cody you can’t do that, your not smart enough, ya those jackasses.
Well here I am, I could do the most mentally demanding job in this entire mill if I had to, I am very smart and heck, ive been here for over 3 years now and I have seen so many smart people get hired into this mill and quit the next day it’s insane. I make more money than a lot of people with educations, a teacher with an education I don’t believe makes 26 bucks an hour so I feel blessed to be the person I am today, I don’t give up and I never plan on giving up, I just get tired is all.
Now those smart people that used to tell me I could not do it ask me, hey cody how can you do what you do, how can you handle that, and they tell me quite often, I couldn’t do that even if I tried.
Well I don’t give myself that label, I can do it if I set my mind to it and that’s that.
Good job Tim, you ROCK!
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Thank you DSP that was very heart warming to read your post. Thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about us. Bill Gates didn't invent DOS, some guy in a garage did and Gates was able to buy it, yes they did wonderful things after that over the years but it began with a guy in a garage... TSOI had its origins in my garage ... and of course a blanket Thank You to everyone for hanging in there. Oops I meant to add those videos are just amazing... I wish I could sing 1/10th as well... incredible
DailyStockProspector wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:52 pm Earlier this month, I posted something similar to this on ST, and I was not going to post it on the forum, but since this thread was opened up, I think that it could go well with this thread.

Some folks think that education, titles, degrees, and pedigrees are what make a person great, when really it is NOT the person’s education that makes them great but it is the person who has the internal magic, drive, inspiration, entrepreneurial, innovative spirit that makes the difference! I love the link that Orion1 just posted: https://smartandrelentless.com/100-ultr ... e-degree/

Some also think that a person/company cannot be amazing without big fancy facilities. This link may help put things in perspective for those folks too: https://www.businessinsider.com/google- ... os-2019-12

How many of us can say we have over 50 patents on products that are designed to help improve or save people's lives? Not me. How many are innovating new products to add to that patent portfolio regularly? How about dealing with all of the requirements needed to keep the SEC happy for shareholders? And of course, let's not leave out getting a ready for Phase 3 testing, along with preparing for a EUA to save people suffering from Covid, etc. Not me.

There are people who just know who they are and what they are capable of regardless of what others may think or say. They are the world changers, the ones who inspire us to be and do more. They are not willing to settle for mediocrity. Tim/Tom and their team fall into that category and are of that caliber of people.

Tim you and your team keep on moving forward, you are purpose driven, because you know that you have a role to fill that only you have the right skills to do what you do. We applaud your courage and your dedication to excellence! The world awaits all that you are about to unveil. It is going to be so incredibly amazing! So many of us can hardly wait!

My prayers are with you, team TSOI.
I am so, incredibly proud of all of you! You guys rock and are heroes in my book!

Dream BIG!

Here is a video that I saw a while back that inspired me, and I thought it might inspire you too. Those who laughed are not laughing at her now. To those who believe in themselves and inspire us all with their courage…

https://youtu.be/RxPZh4AnWyk

…And I will throw in one more. When you got it, you know you’ve got it!

When you do what you love to do and you sing (exercise your natural talents) with passion, it just shows! I am not Russian and do not speak Russian. This next song has subtitles and there is a bit of a preamble to it but if you watch the whole video, you will be in for a wonderfully powerful and inspirational experience!

All I can say is that Tim and his team have got it. Sing on brother, you and your team inspire us all.

https://youtu.be/OekCfCBcdnc

Go team TSOI! :-)
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Cody you are one of the hardest working people I know and I tip my hat to you - you are a good man and you obviously have a wonderful wife and your future is in your hands. Keep working hard and keep your chin up and head high - life isn't easy but it can have its rewards. When I was 12 years old my Father took me to the tomato fields and put me to work that summer and I picked tomatos from sunrise to sunset 6 days a week my entire summer, I earned .85 cents an hour. The next summer I did the same thing right up until i was about 16 and then I began working with my father as a plumbers apprentice and when I was 19 I became a journeyman plumber. Eventually I moved into pipe fitting and welded pipe all day long, one of those welding jobs was in nowheresville Idaho and I worked on a drilling rig and the country was so beautiful I swore that one day I would have a piece of Idaho dirt... it took me 40 years.
IMG_8613.JPG
IMG_8613.JPG (8.57 MiB) Viewed 171 times
Codycrusher wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:48 pm I completely agree that education can be a hindrance from knowledge, a lot of times people are Born intelligent or not and also it depends on there drive and willpower, I must say I work at a mill and yes I do not like my job, I think this investment in this company will be my retirement, but at the end of the day, I started life with everyone telling me at 18 that I could not get ahead because I was labeled with ADHD and ADD and I people told me, hey cody you can’t do that, your not smart enough, ya those jackasses.
Well here I am, I could do the most mentally demanding job in this entire mill if I had to, I am very smart and heck, ive been here for over 3 years now and I have seen so many smart people get hired into this mill and quit the next day it’s insane. I make more money than a lot of people with educations, a teacher with an education I don’t believe makes 26 bucks an hour so I feel blessed to be the person I am today, I don’t give up and I never plan on giving up, I just get tired is all.
Now those smart people that used to tell me I could not do it ask me, hey cody how can you do what you do, how can you handle that, and they tell me quite often, I couldn’t do that even if I tried.
Well I don’t give myself that label, I can do it if I set my mind to it and that’s that.
Good job Tim, you ROCK!
Codycrusher

Post by Codycrusher »

Journeyman plumbing at 19, holy crap your smart. My buddy is 27 I think and he just got his journeyman plumbing license, he told me that the test is extremely hard and they ask you insane questions, so he thought he was going to fail and he has over 6000 hours as a plumber, but he passed, I congratulate you!
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Its been more than 30 years since I did that work and many things have changed about it but at the core is the same health and welfare of the community standard that all plumbers serve. Your friend has chose a noble profession.
Codycrusher wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:36 am Journeyman plumbing at 19, holy crap your smart. My buddy is 27 I think and he just got his journeyman plumbing license, he told me that the test is extremely hard and they ask you insane questions, so he thought he was going to fail and he has over 6000 hours as a plumber, but he passed, I congratulate you!