Education

This forum is to discuss general things concerning TSOI.
Yjohnlee

Education

Post by Yjohnlee »

Tim, what is your formal education?
TimGDixon

Re: Education

Post by TimGDixon »

Education? School of hard knocks. Everything I knew I have either taught myself or sought out experts to teach me. I am inventor and co-inventor on more than 50 patents - if you need people with fancy degrees go look at your SAB. Plenty of PhD's and MD's if that's your thing and I get all the education I could want.
Yjohnlee

Post by Yjohnlee »

Thank you
Yjohnlee

Post by Yjohnlee »

Yjohnlee wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:42 pm Tim, what is your formal education?
Tim
Thanks again for your prior response. While perhaps not relevant to you, leaders typically share their education. The reasons are obvious. I am not trying to challenge you. I believe investors should know more. So I ask you to share more about your certified education beyond attending seminars and being mentored. Uncertainty is unhelpful to evaluation, as is dismissal.
I only recently became a stockholder and by averaging down, TSOI is now a significant portion of my portfolio.
Thank you.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Yjohnlee I appreciate the question but its the same answer. I am a 63 year old self educated man. If you need "certified" credentials then rely upon my science team. We have 7 PhD's, 4 of them MD, PhD's, 4 of them are professors, one is the past dean of weill cornell medical school and still a professor, one is the past head of Infectious Diseases at NIH and now head of Kite/Gilead Cellular division. Do you think that kind of talent hangs their shingle with an uneducated CEO? There is no uncertainty here - https://therapeuticsolutionsint.com/patents/ those are patents primarily authored by myself and Tom Ichim, with a mix of some of our other talent but all of them original work by Dixon/Ichim. They stand or fall on the veracity of their claims and ability to teach the examiner what he/she needs to learn and I've never once been asked to explain my education to anyone at the US patent office. I hope that satisfies you.
Yjohnlee wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:57 am
Yjohnlee wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:42 pm Tim, what is your formal education?
Tim
Thanks again for your prior response. While perhaps not relevant to you, leaders typically share their education. The reasons are obvious. I am not trying to challenge you. I believe investors should know more. So I ask you to share more about your certified education beyond attending seminars and being mentored. Uncertainty is unhelpful to evaluation, as is dismissal.
I only recently became a stockholder and by averaging down, TSOI is now a significant portion of my portfolio.
Thank you.
Yjohnlee

Post by Yjohnlee »

You've made yourself clear. Thank you Tim
GM60

Post by GM60 »

Tim, I, for one, feel better knowing you don't have the constraints a long, formal education tents to impose. Institutions tend to push current accepted viewpoints along a structured pathway, creating a more limited, linear way of looking at the world. History is full of examples of great discoveries by minds unfettered by the limitations of formal education. The now popular expression "thinking outside of the box" is spot on if you consider formal education as "the box".. Being self taught affords insights not available to those whose perception is already rigidly formed.
I, too, am self taught, and though my accomplishments will never be on the scale of yours, I am firmly convinced that a formal education would have convinced me that what I was trying to accomplish was not possible, and therefore I never would have tried.

Shareholders should rejoice in the knowledge of your educational path. I know I do.
Enjoy the marvels and discoveries of the path not yet traveled.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Thanks GM60 - I am a life long learner and educator and I am never satisfied with what I know on any given day and I have remained that way my entire life and I have no plans to alter any of it. Bravo to you for ignoring the status quo and listening to your own drum beat and achieving your goals.
GM60 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:33 am Tim, I, for one, feel better knowing you don't have the constraints a long, formal education tents to impose. Institutions tend to push current accepted viewpoints along a structured pathway, creating a more limited, linear way of looking at the world. History is full of examples of great discoveries by minds unfettered by the limitations of formal education. The now popular expression "thinking outside of the box" is spot on if you consider formal education as "the box".. Being self taught affords insights not available to those whose perception is already rigidly formed.
I, too, am self taught, and though my accomplishments will never be on the scale of yours, I am firmly convinced that a formal education would have convinced me that what I was trying to accomplish was not possible, and therefore I never would have tried.

Shareholders should rejoice in the knowledge of your educational path. I know I do.
Enjoy the marvels and discoveries of the path not yet traveled.
Orion1

Post by Orion1 »

How does your formal education matter?
https://smartandrelentless.com/100-ultr ... ge-degree/
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Very cool list of people. Thanks for sharing.
Orion1 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:04 pm How does your formal education matter?
https://smartandrelentless.com/100-ultr ... ge-degree/