Ideas and Thoughts

TimGDixon

Re: Ideas and Thoughts

Post by TimGDixon »

Thats interesting that in respect to the calcitonin that you could improve bone density by delivering the hormone intranasally. Access to the brain is "holy grail" stuff - NanoStilbene crosses, Nano Cannabidiol, and even NanoPSA would all cross... NanoPSA would be way to gnarly to put up the nose but you could - i'll have to get Thomas to let me squirt some up his nose :lol:
Stockjoc22@yahoo.com

Post by Stockjoc22@yahoo.com »

Great work Tim...Keep it up
Gobsmacked01

Post by Gobsmacked01 »

Hey there,
COVID19 treatment possibility Question?
With recovered patient blood plasma in high demand due to the inherent antibodies available once recovered, is it feasible / possible to do a direct comparison of relevant immuno factors between clinical trial Phase 2 Quadrammune patients post 7 days of dosing and antibody profiles of plasma from comparable recovered patients (similar blood type, comorbidity risk, gender, etc...)?

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/opinion/2 ... -treatment

TIA
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Its a very good question - unless someone was infected with sars/cov2 and had since recovered enough to have signature antibodies you couldn't compare that, but of course you could compare other biomarkers. On the other hand with StemVacs treated patients we anticipate neutralizing antibodies in post treated patients and perhaps their plasma could be compared to other. I'll throw it on the table at next science meeting.
Gobsmacked01

Post by Gobsmacked01 »

Awesome!
I was reading up on a diagnostic test that determined levels of neutralizing antibodies (NABS) and it occurred to me to ask if immuno-regulation could be demonstrated to boost these somehow.
https://aximbiotech.com/science-canna/c ... -research/
strawpatch

Post by strawpatch »

Asthma adjuvant therapy?

Asthma is related to an inflammatory process. I know TSOI has a ton of things happening at once, but when it comes time to look at other avenues, I think Asthma treatment / management may be a good road to possibly go down.

This could go in testimonials, but I wanted to focus on just speaking about another possible application of Quadramune. Woke up with Asthma cough yesterday that I get a couple of times a year (very mild asthma). I can feel it in my chest. Normally takes a week or two of Advair to knock it out.

I have been on Quadramune since August 1st. Took one dose of generic Adviar (Wixela). By afternoon the feeling in my chest (along with cough) was gone and it is completely gone today. It is weird that this got knocked out so quick. Makes me think Quadramune may be helpful with Asthma.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Hi strawpatch i find that very interesting and yet not surprising based on everything we know about inflammation in the lung and the ability of QM to reduce that inflammation. And without going to far out on a limb i imagine there is synergey with the salmeterol (advair) and one or more of the ingredients in QM.
trader32176

Post by trader32176 »

Tim,
Another powerful anti oxidant is Hydroxytyrosol . It could be a possible candidate for a cardio , or neuro product - imo

Hydroxytyrosol is already being recognized by scientists for its powerful anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and cardioprotective properties.

Hydroxytyrosol has some other very special characteristics that contribute to its effectiveness. It is:

Rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream and tissues, where it can perform its free radical scavenging duties.
The only phenol that is able to cross the blood-brain barrier, which allows it to also absorb free radicals throughout the central nervous system.
A metabolite of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which means it may play a role in neuroprotection.
Both fat and water soluble, giving it the highest bioavailability of any antioxidant.

What’s So Special About Hydroxytyrosol?

Hydroxytyrosol is primarily found in the olive – its fruit, leaves and pulp. It was first discovered and extracted from the wastewater that resulted when green olives were rinsed in the process of making olive oil.

For decades olive oil has been known for its many healthy properties. It has long been noted that Mediterranean countries have lower rates of cardiovascular disease and cancer than other Western countries. And since the most characteristic element of the Mediterranean diet is olive oil, researchers began studying it, looking for the compound that was responsible for the anti-inflammatory and cholesterol-lowering effects.

Traditionally, the benefits of olive oil have been ascribed to its oleic acid content. However, other foods like pork and chicken are also rich in oleic acid but do not provide the same cardiovascular protection as olive oil. So scientists began to search for other properties of olive oil that might be responsible for its health-promoting effects.

That’s when they found hydroxytyrosol – the polyphenol thought to be responsible for olive oil’s anti-inflammatory effects. Its ability to absorb free radicals and protect cells and mitochondria from damage is quite impressive.

Neuroprotective Effects of Hydroxytyrosol

A two-part German study in 2007 investigating the effect of hydroxytyrosol on mitochondrial membranes in the brains of mice concluded, “…the ex vivo data provide the first evidence of neuroprotective effects of oral hydroxytyrosol intake.”(7)

In 2010, the same group of researchers conducted a study to determine whether hydroxytyrosol reduces the risk of age-dependent neurodegeneration and cognitive decline. They concluded, “The results we obtained mainly confirm our previous observation of promising cytoprotection of brain cells…”(8)
curncman

g-force induced giant efficiency of nanoparticles internalization into living cells

Post by curncman »

g-force induced giant efficiency of nanoparticles internalization into living cells

curncman

Anti-CD117 mAb synergizes with 5-azacytidine to augment engraftment of HSCs in mice

Post by curncman »

Anti-CD117 mAb synergizes with 5-azacytidine to augment engraftment of HSCs in mice