Ideas and Thoughts

TimGDixon

Ideas and Thoughts

Post by TimGDixon »

We get a lot of interesting ideas from friends, colleagues, relatives, strangers. Some of them are interesting others not so much but it never hurts to look. We are interested in things you might be interested in seeing developed (within our area of expertise of biotech) if you care to share them.

I will tell you of such a germinated thought. You are all familiar with the ingredient sulforaphane contained in QuadraMune, NLRP3 Trifecta, and NanoPSA. But how did that come about. One morning i was working about 4am and Dr. Kesari called me and said 'hey man you ever hear of this molecule sulforaphane' and i was like no.. what is it.. "i'm not exactly sure but i just read a bunch of papers i sent you, huge anti-cancer properties, read them and find me some'

That was 18 months ago. It took about 15 months to produce it because it does not exist as a stand-alone molecule you can buy in bulk. We had to create through our proprietary extraction process to yield first a molecule known as glucoraphanin. Glucoraphanin, which in its pure form as we produce is bio-inactive and belongs to a category of compounds called glucosinolates which are naturally found in cruciferous vegetables. Glucosinolates are enzymatically converted into isothiocyanates, which are active in the body. Sulforaphane then is an enzymatically converted isothiocyanate. You the consumer are the final lab. The microflora in the gut does the conversion. As in many types of metabolism modulated by the microbiome, this conversion rate varies from individual to individual but we provide a clinically relevant amount of glucoraphanin to convert as much as possible into sulforaphane.

But why did it take so long? We are methodical - we first had to find the highest source of glucoraphanin and ascertain how many grams of glucoraphanin we can obtain per a given weight of raw material. This took many experiments and samples to find just the right source. Then the extraction system had to be designed and proofed at micro (mol) level and then eventually scaling up to a stable production model. Not everything takes 15 months but this did for the simple reason we didn't have a physical molecule to start with like we do with pterostilbene and we had to create it ourselves from nature.

So if you have any cool ideas we are always happy to hear about them - no promises but you never know what comes from a Germination Station.

Tim
trader32176

Re: Ideas and Thoughts

Post by trader32176 »

Hello Again,
Would there be any reason to make an injectible QuadraMune in the future ?
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

We certainly embodied all possible methods of delivery including injectable forms.
curncman

Post by curncman »

Thanks Tim for the nice and short video on making of Glucosinolates molecule from fresh Broccoli. I am glad to know that these ideas are not tried by the BIG PHARMA as their eyes are always on the synthetic or chemical molecule (even though toxic in nature) but when used on patients causes HUGE SIDE EFFECTS that we are all told by Docs that it is very normal.

from that you said in your post , there is HUGE entry barrier for any other Pharma company to replicate your work since it is already patented well for your products and it only makes sense for pharma company to have Pact with TSOI to be able to use the natural molecules with SIDE EFFECTS.

I am sure you will be contacted for a PACT is what I hope so that TSOI will shoot up to very high soon!

Thanks
Raju
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Here is an example what pharma would never do because they don't think like we do- i had an idea after i invented NanoStilbene that we could reformulate a dilution of NanoStilbene into a intranasal version that would deliver nanoparticles across the brain blood barrier. Its pretty hard to get a human brain to work on LOL - so we had to use mice. Tom and I dreamed up this experiment to test neuroinflammatory inhibition in animals and below is the premise and outcome. Pharma would never be able to come up with this - we basically mounted the mice in a device and thumped their brains into what you see visualized in the sacrificed mice brains.

Pterostilbene and Compositions Thereof for Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
Disclosed are means, methods, and compositions of matter useful for prevention of chronic traumatic encephalopathy. In one embodiment of the invention, disclosed is utilization of pterostilbene and/or pterostilbene based compounds for prevention and/or treatment of chronic traumatic encephalopathy. In one embodiment, the invention teaches administration of pterostilbene and/or pterostilbene based compounds for reduction of taupathy associated with chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

Examples
The following Example is directed to treatment of traumatic brain injury in a mouse model. Control and test animals were subjected to head trauma daily (for 4 or 7 days) according to the method described in Mannix et al. Annals of Neurology, Vol., 74, No.1 1 pp. 65-75 (2013). Experimental group received doses of pterostilbene 10-50 mg/kg of body weight once a day. One aspect of the model focuses on the ability of the test animals to find a submerged (hidden) platform that offers a safe haven upon which they can stand after being injured and placed in a pool of water. This test measured learning process and memory of the tested mice. Non-injured mice (the sham controls) took about 30 seconds to locate the pad on test day one. This time dropped during successive test days. Two other groups of mice then received controlled blows to the head and were then treated by administration of pterostilbene or a placebo. Placebo treated animals generally performed worse than the sham mice while the pterostilbene treated animals generally performed in superior manner to the control injured mice. In this same example a histopathologic evaluation was conducted on the brains of mice subjected to traumatic brain injury. Proteins were extracted from tissue and proteins separated by gel electrophoresis and blotted. Proteins specific to astrocytes (GFAP) and microglia (IBA1) were identified by western blotting and scanned (normalized to beta actin). The GFAP (astrocyte marker) and IBA1 (microglial marker) experiments showed reduced expression of in GFAP or dIBA1 expression in the cortex of pterostilbene treated mice as compared to controls. Additionally, histopathologic evaluation of the brains of the animals from the several groups showed that the administration of pterostilbene inhibited microglia migration in the hippocampus, which is the portion of the brain associated with memory, compared with administration of placebo.

In a second example, the animal model described above is utilized and section of the brain are performed in order to visualize brain damage. As seen below, treatment with pterostilbene was associated with reduction in brain damage.
ex-2.jpg
ex-2.jpg (248.55 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
curncman

Post by curncman »

Looks like Pretty clean recovery in most of the cases with PteroStilbene
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

And that as they say, is why we filed the patent. That was NeuroStilbene.
trader32176

Post by trader32176 »

Hi again ,
I' have been interested in future liquid TQ combinations , or liquid TQ as a standalone product .
whether you decide to pursue that avenue , -or not . Are there more applications for liquid TQ , and PTE besides cancer , and inflammation on the horizon with nano particle nutraceuticals ?
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Good questions - first lets look at stand-alone and where that is. Consistently we can yield about 44grams per 100grams of raw and we are scaled to small batch production that is reproducible and therefore scalable to larger volume. As a stand-alone liquid form (similar in ways as cold pressed black seed oil is liquid and therefore more bioavailable) it has a plethora of applications such as anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer. So for sure you could package a stand-alone product and work on those areas of noted activity already in the med-lit. It could also be used to fortify standard black seed oil which is cold pressed and contains approx 2% thymoquinone to a much higher percent of thymo. If you check amazon there are countless vendors selling black seed oil and its all 2% - by blending our highly concentrated pure form of thymo into standard oil we could theoretically get 10% without effort just calculating the math in my head to shortest blend path. But i'm not there yet. I currently take liquid thymo every day in the form of QuadraMune Ultra (R&D)- so that takes me to your other part about blends.

NanoStilbene is my super solvent and so it is quite easy to dissolve the liquid thymo, or egcg, or glucoraphanin into nanostilbene because it is a nanoemulsion and the blend merely fills in the gaps of available space within the emulsion - i need you to think in power of 600,000 magnification and what you would observe in NanoStilbene are trillions of teeny little spheres that are approx 100nm in diameter and inside of that spear is the nanoparticle i put there and it is only 75nm long. Yousee its not fluid like water -its zillions of these bubbles moving very fast and they are so crowded they appear liquid but none of that would be visible to the naked eye because all of it is outside the visible light spectrum. So those little bubbles like it when i place a different fluid (a lubricant) around them and its easy to expand the universe that way.

So, from the extraction lab anything i produce should have the properties i need to then dissolve that into nanostilbene to form conjugate (blend) - now i will also tell you that all of these blend together with one and another, i,e, nanostilbene blends with all four - all four blend with all four if that makes sense - hence QuadraMune liquid - in the case of quadramune liquid, its two conjugates to build a third - glucoraphanin is dissolved into nanostilbene in one flask - and egcg and thymo blend together in another flask -those two blends (conjugates) are then placed together into single flask and blended under vacuum pressure together into final conjugate.

Sorry trader - you asked LOL
strawpatch

Post by strawpatch »

Nice idea of how you got the molecule to cross the blood brain barrier.

I started in Industry at a small R&D company that just did nasal sprays - Cyanocobalamin spray and later calcitonin. And research involved trying to get different drugs across the blood brain barrier by delivering them by nasal spray. I think this also helped with some drugs to bypass first pass metabolism.