Biogen FDA approval

This forum is to discuss general things concerning TSOI.
stockgamer2020

Biogen FDA approval

Post by stockgamer2020 »

Hey Tim,

just FYIng this news that came out today https://www.statnews.com/2021/06/07/fda ... e-decline/

Didnt have any particular question, but would be great incase you or any board members had any thoughts to share/discuss about this.

Go TSOI !

Cheers.
TimGDixon

Re: Biogen FDA approval

Post by TimGDixon »

I don't know much about it at the moment but i think its great to see the first newly approved ALZ drug in a long time.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Now i looked at it and understand it to be a monoclonal antibody and i do now remember it - its approved, now lets see if the removal of beta-amyloid is beneficial in maintaining or restoring cognition - there is another protein that is deeply involved called Tao and this MAB does not "sponge" it up so at best its half the equation at this point, but as tao tangles together as strands of protein it begins killing brain cells and thats where the real damage happens - when we look at CTE brains what we are witnessing is an accelerated form of alzheimers, in the end their brains are full of holes too. But its a start so lets get some more data.
curncman

Post by curncman »

Tim, Hope CTE trial can make headyway in direction of curing ALZHIEMERS for the benefit of humanity with JADCELLS all the way!