New Variants

This forum is to discuss general things concerning TSOI.
trader32176

Re: New Variants

Post by trader32176 »

Coronavirus digest: Japan reports new variant of COVID-19

A new variant of COVID-19 appears to have emerged in Japan, with experts saying they believe it arrived there from abroad.

2/19/21

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-diges ... a-56622009

Health authorities in Japan say they have found more than 90 cases of a new variant of COVID-19.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Katsunobo Kato told reporters the mutant variant known as E484K, has been found in 91 cases in the Kanto area of eastern Japan. There were also 2 cases at airports.

It is believed that the strain came from overseas, but it is different from those that originated in Britain and South Africa, according to an earlier report citing Japan's National Institute of Infectious Diseases.

Japan, which has just started its vaccination program, has had more than 400,000 cases of COVID, with 7,194 fatalities.
trader32176

Post by trader32176 »

The coronavirus may not be able to mutate beyond control

2/19/21

https://www.twincities.com/2021/02/19/f ... d-control/

It’s been about a year since the early coronavirus alarms were raised, and despite a decline in infections, new fears are rising up. New COVID-19 variants are making pessimists worry that an even bigger next wave may be coming.

It’s true that the virus is mutating in ways more profound than biologists anticipated last summer. But new research also suggests that there may be limits to how many tricks the coronavirus has up its sleeve — and that may make it easier for vaccines to keep up.

If scientists have been somewhat blindsided by the variants, it’s because they hadn’t fully realized the way the coronavirus tends to mutate — in a way that’s distinct from influenza or HIV. This virus has a talent for shape-shifting by dropping pieces of its genetic code.

Early on, a few scientists observed these so-called deletion mutations by studying virus samples from patients with compromised immune systems. Such patients can be crucibles for viral evolution, because the virus survives in their cells for months, making copies of itself all the while.

The mutations that scientists were observing in individual patients were essentially the same as those now seen in the new variants. Molecular biologist Kevin McCarthy of the University of Pittsburgh, who analyzed mutations in immune-compromised patients, found this eye-opening. “Evolution in that patient, in some ways, foreshadowed what the virus was going to do all over the world,” he said.

McCarthy’s group published its findings earlier this month in Science. Another group of researchers published a similar comparison in December in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Last spring and summer, scientists had considered SARS-CoV-2 to be somewhat mutation-averse, because it contains a molecular proofreading mechanism. When a mutated virus replicates, this mechanism corrects it. Human cells and those of other animals have various such proofreading systems to allow them to replicate without too many errors. Influenza viruses and HIV do not — which is one reason those viruses continue to evolve too fast for a single vaccine.

However, it turns out that the coronavirus’s proofreader lets one type of mutation through: a section of missing genetic code. So the virus is able to eject sections of code and still replicate — and still get transmitted to other people.

McCarthy says he came to appreciate this in the early fall when he was asked about some of the deletions found in a patient. “I started looking at all these genomic sequences of SARS-CoV-2 that had been deposited from all over the world in a public database,” he said. “And I started finding additional examples.”

The deletions can allow viral proteins to change their shapes in ways that could evade both the proofreading mechanism and the human immune system. That’s what people are worried about, McCarthy explained. The first new variant that made big news — the B.1.1.7 variant that spread so fast in the U.K. — has two of these deletions.

B.1.1.7’s big advantage seems to be an increased ability to transmit between people. It’s also a basic principle of evolution that the more that humans produce antibodies to a virus — because they’ve been infected before or because they’ve been vaccinated — the greater will be the advantage for any new variant that can elude those antibodies.

Penn State University evolutionary biologist Andrew Read likens this to the introduction of new predators on an island. The animals already there either die or adapt — by growing shells, by climbing or burrowing, or by acquiring the ability to fight back.

If the coronavirus develops an anti-vaccine strategy, we will need a counter strategy.

That could mean upgrading the existing vaccines so that they induce a broader range of antibodies. It also might help to give people different vaccines for their first and second doses — an approach that needs to be tested in clinical trials.

McCarthy would like to see more data on the patients who have gotten COVID-19 despite being vaccinated. When were they exposed, and did they have high or low levels of the virus in their bodies? This fight requires that all scientists working to understand the virus have all the data they need.

But from what they’ve learned so far, it doesn’t appear that the new variants mean the pandemic will never end. McCarthy thinks SARS-CoV-2 may not be able to mutate itself in infinite ways that make it better at infecting people and evading antibodies. So far, scientists have been seeing the same deletions cropping up again and again. “The virus was telling us that it was evolving in a certain way for a certain reason,” he said.

At this point, new changes are appearing independently in different places — so-called convergent evolution — and it could be that the number of possible changes is limited.

A year ago, some people thought the course of the pandemic could be foretold according to simple formulas. As the complexities of the coronavirus have become apparent, scientists have grown less confident in their predictions. But that also means there’s no reason to assume the pandemic will never go away.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

trader32176 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:37 am We Are Being Told The “Scary” Mutant COVID In South Africa Is Even More Dangerous Than The “Super COVID” In The UK

12/23/20

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/we-a ... in-the-uk/

A new mutant strain of COVID-19 that has been dubbed
501.V2” has gotten completely out of control in South Africa, and authorities are telling us that it is an even bigger threat than the “Super COVID” that has been causing so much panic in the United Kingdom. Of course viruses mutate all the time, and so it isn’t a surprise that COVID-19 has been mutating. But mutations can become a major issue when they fundamentally alter the way that a virus affects humans, and we are being told that “501.V2” is much more transmissible than previous versions of COVID and that even young people are catching it a lot more easily. That is potentially a huge concern, because up until now young people have not been hit very hard by the COVID pandemic.

The British press is using the word “scary” to describe this new variant, and at this point it has become the overwhelmingly dominant strain in South Africa…

I have been meaning to say something about this but have been pretty busy. I think every single one of the articles in this thread are propaganda and hyperbole. They identify these "mutations" with sophisticated sounding labels like "501.V2"... shit man you don't want to get the 501.V2...

Look anytime there is a mutation there is *NEVER* an increase in information - mutations result in net zero change or loss of information and never a gain in information. So if you lose information how in the heck does it become more deadly and more transmissible? IT DOESN'T

I read all these and many others elsewhere and not one of them tells you how these mutations make it more transmissible and more deadly - if they can't tell you how then you need to realize this is all bullshit.

I've taken you guys through this science before but im gonna do it again because we have a lot of new eyes that need to see.
CoV_a-b copy.jpg
CoV_a-b copy.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 126 times

The image above shows you the two types of corona viri. There are alpha and beta. Only betacoronaviruses can infect humans. Within the beta family are three lineages, A,B,C. Lineage B is Sars as you can see above.

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are what we call mRNA and in this vaccine they have synthesized the surface glycoprotein that you see in the green box labeled as "S" and thats what you get inoculated with. Your immune system uses that to mount an attack on this foreign protein that has made its way into your body. In the end you have antibodies tuned to that protein because this is where it all begins.

When someone is infected with Sars/CoV2 (or CoV) a droplet of unassembled proteins come in contact with a cell in your lung called a pneumocyte - the surface protein has receptors that can imitate human receptors and bonds at ACE2. When that occurs the pneumocyte is killed and the rest of the rna/dna sequencing proceeds and it follows this - look up there - you see S, next is E and this is an envelope protein, followed by M, this is the membrane protein, and finally we have N, which is the nuclear caspid protein. This is the fully assembled living virus and now it can begin making copies of itself and killing more pneumocyte's.

So the vaccine is designed to train your immune system to recognize this surface protein and thats all it does. So then why did Fauci and others state publicly that many who get these vaccines will still get sick. And he continued and said many who get sick will still be hospitalized and added and many of those will still die and you will need annual or bi-annual vaccinations like other flu's. In fact we already have reports of vaccinated people becoming infected and even dying. Huh? is it because they got the dreaded 501.V2? I'll continue in new thread to keep these short.
Last edited by TimGDixon on Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Let's start with the slide again.

CoV_a-b copy.jpg
CoV_a-b copy.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 123 times
Only when the questions become more important than the answers will the solutions emerge.” (The Conjurers & Cirque du Soleil)

So let me begin again with some detail before asking the question... in Sars/CoV2 there are 29,903 genes that make up the unassembled protein droplet. Out of those only 12 matter, the rest is immaterial to what i am going to explain to you. Within the 12 you see at CoV2 only the green boxes are functional genes that can be sequenced by rna instructions. This is true in CoV and MERS-CoV as well.

at 5' you see ORF highlighted green box - orf = open reading frame. and within 5' to 3' we can observe 1a, 1b, - but look at those blue boxes - those too are open reading frame genes, however they are not assembled with the sequencing of the virus but they are bundled with it.

Now observe the ones with the red box around them, ORF3 and ORF8. It is those genes that make people really sick. What?

The Pfizer and Moderna do not address this, in fact none of them do. They missed it. As simple as that was to type they missed it.

The vaccines stimulate the immune system to go after the surface glycoprotein and thats it - they are not training your immune system to recognize any of those proteins. So what do they do exactly? Next post. I need some coffee.
Last edited by TimGDixon on Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

"“By the time you get the FDA deeming that this is a safe and efficacious vaccine, you’ve had a independent and transparent process decide,” Fauci said. “We’ve got to keep hammering that home because for the group of people who are concerned about the process, the process is sound.”"
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/19/coronav ... blem-.html

I agree that the process to develop this vaccine to simulate an infection by a coronavirus surface protein is sound - because thats all they intended to do.

Back to ORF3/8 - i said they make people really sick - but doesn't the virus do that? Sort of. 99% of the people who have been naturally infected had a range of symptomology from a-symptomatic to severe acute respiratory syndrome - the ones who got infected that had no symptoms still had pneumocyte death and host infection occur but there immune systems were so strong that in minutes it was over. The next group that doesn't feel well but recover without any need for treatment also had strong immune systems. Then you have the ones who got sick nough to go the hospital but didn't end up on a respirator because they were shotgun treated with things like remdsivir and vitamin C, Zinc, azithromycin, etc. Many of them getting well within hours - why? Why did those things work because none of them kill the virus.. they work because they boosted the immune system - but what did they work on?

They worked on ORF3/8 not the virus - ok tim this is getting a little crazy.. as i said earlier those accessory genes are also passed along during infection. They do not assemble - but they do something else and they do it really good - they activate a human gene known as NLRP3 (nod like receptor pyro-domain3). NLRP3 when activated secretes what we call an inflammasome - the inflammasome is a mixture of two proteins - IL-1b and IL-18.

The aggregation, arrangement and bonding together of the set of components needed to form the NLRP3 inflammasome are complex and occurs at the level of an individual cell. When the inflammasome invades the epithelium of the lung, the result is acute respiratory distress syndrome(ARDS). ARDS is not caused by the death of a pneumocyte or even the destruction of the alveolus of the lung – ARDS is caused by the inflammasome assembled from NALP3 into the complex NLRP3.

This is whats killing people - not covid-19. The vaccines in use do not address this and thats why Fauci said what he said and thats why we have scattered reports of sickness and death after vaccination.

“Only when the questions become more important than the answers will the solutions emerge.” (The Conjurers & Cirque du Soleil)

Not one of you has heard any of the big shots out there tell you about any of this - its like a dirty little secret i have and i'm working on a solution not a conspiracy theory.Go to this link https://areyoucovidmune.com/covidmune/ and look at the menu you will see NLRP3 - i published all of that a year ago - where is the rest of the world?
trader32176

Post by trader32176 »

Tim,

Thanks for the explanations , and Thank You for your input on this topic thread.

In my travels of finding related info to what TSOI is doing ,

I run across a lot of propaganda , and bias in the articles I post , or choose not to post on these topic threads . I do post some articles that I don't agree with , but do so to give differing views on the same topic if possible. Just because I post articles , doesn't infer that everything I post is actually my opinion on each topic . It's not !

I can't always filter these areticles through a more scientific set of eyes , so I appreciate it when others like yourself can .

Trader
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

I try and keep up on everything but my little brain gets tired hahaha - thank you for taking the time to put these here - it gave me a chance to preach a little.
Tim
TimGDixon

Post by TimGDixon »

Only when the questions become more important than the answers will the solutions emerge.” (The Conjurers & Cirque du Soleil)
Paul

Post by Paul »

From what I have seen...

Covid is more of an inflammatory condition. This is why we see kawasaki in kids, and cardiac conditions in young adults, and other inflammatory problems that can be mitigated by certain steroids.